Search the forum,

Discuss Self leveling compound in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

coujin

Hello,

I've recently started renovating our kitchen/dinner. We've had a new concrete slab poured and it appears that the builders have put a tamped finish on it.

They used a rack to spread it out and get it level 'by eye'...

Due to this, I cant determine how level the floor is and how much compound I will need. So I wanted to ask if this would still be suitable to use a self-leveling compound and just make sure I buy a few extra bags.

On the floor there are a few ridges left by the rake so am concerned this will affect the compound or is it just as simple as pour enough to cover everything?

I know i should of had a screed put on top but we've now had the new kitchen fitted so this is no longer an option and we do not have 30mm of height for the screed.

Reply to Self leveling compound in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views

Advertisement