Search the forum,

Discuss Schluter adhesive "thinset" in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

When you mix a product with water after the initial mix you let it stand or 'slake'
Reason for this is so that the adhesive/grout can fully take on the liquid.
Once stood, then you can remix and add extra liquid if necessary.
By now the mixture has absorbed the liquid completely leaving you with a consistency that will remain until the product begins to 'cure'
Yes it happens immediately, but there is that delay before it actually takes hold.
Well that's how I understand it anyway.

I

Italy

When you mix a product with water after the initial mix you let it stand or 'slake'
Reason for this is so that the adhesive/grout can fully take on the liquid.
Once stood, then you can remix and add extra liquid if necessary. (afther the remix????)
By now the mixture has absorbed the liquid completely leaving you with a consistency that will remain until the product begins to 'cure'
Yes it happens immediately, but there is that delay before it actually takes hold.
Well that's how I understand it anyway.

O

Old Mod

Google marc says: add liquid after remix
Google not listen! :)

Mescolare l'adesivo con il liquido. Attendere 3 - 5 minuti. Riagganciare l'adesivo, aggiungere il liquido se necessario. Non aggiungere nuovamente il liquido.

mix the adhesive with liquid. wait 3--5 minutes. re-mix adhesive, add liquid if required. do not add liquid again.

I

Italy

Mescolare l'adesivo con il liquido. Attendere 3 - 5 minuti. Riagganciare l'adesivo, aggiungere il liquido se necessario. Non aggiungere nuovamente il liquido.

mix the adhesive with liquid. wait 3--5 minutes. re-mix adhesive, add liquid if required. do not add liquid again.
I give up.
Speak as Arabs.
Hi marc

I

Italy

mix the adhesive with liquid. wait 3--5 minutes. re-mix adhesive, ------------------. do not add liquid again.
Now is right ;)

Reply to Schluter adhesive "thinset" in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen