Search the forum,

Discuss sandwell college courses in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

samtiler

what costs are the courses at sandwell college for the tiling courses and are they better than the 2 week tiling courses at training centres

and what qualifications do you get

and what qualifications do you need to be a qualified tiler thanks

S

samtiler

sorry for snapping

but im just asking oppinions your a tiler what do you think thanks

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Sandwell college have some good lads there training. They're an actual college so you'll be aiming for a NVQ if you're not just doing the short course with them.

I would contact them to find out more details though, they're a new forum sponsor and we're still awaiting setting up their account on the forum so they can directly provide advice etc.

S

samtiler

i know but i can do my city guilds level 1 on the short course and do my nvq level 2 from there aswell apparently they will get me assessed its because i work at the minute and i 2 week course is my easy option and its gonna be tricky getting to sandwell do you think i will learn the same in two weeks than what i will at sandwell thanks

D

DHTiling

2 to 3 years experience before you can get an NVQ.

Short course will only give you an insight. It takes years to learn and perfect.

T

tfs

your existing knowledge and practical ability will determine how much you will get from the course too. You wont be a tiler after two weeks but you will hopefully pick up a few pointers from your tutor and get some hands on experience at cutting ceramics and using a trowel etc.

T

TradeTeacher Emily

Hi :) at construction skills college we offer a 5 day tiling course and a 10 day. Now these courses are intensive and practical based if you are wanting to start learning the trade. An NVQ would only be possible if you are employed with on the job training and an assessor would come out and assess you at work. If you want any more information on the ourses then give me a shout :)

Reply to sandwell college courses in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen