Discuss Sand and cement screed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Minesacarling

I'm on a job in hale barns. On Friday just gone the screeders came and screeded the floor. The screed is about 150mm thick with underfloor heating
The floor layers have told the customer it can be tiled after 3 days as it's fast setting. Obviously I know it can't be but is there any spec I can show the customer or is there a way I can physically show him it's to wet to tile
cheers Richard

Reaction score
You could offer them an uncoupling membrane !, or use green screed Adhesive ! but its a BS standard and most of these are just good practice recommendations !! its not Law or anything , don't lose the job over it mate !! ....... hope this helps.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
There are screeds available that will allow you to tile after just a few days. Ordinary sand cement screed at 150mm however will take in excess of six months to dry to a point where it can be tiled. It will also be one hellishly inefficient and expensive to run underfloor heating system. Additionally the underfloor heating must be commissioned and run prior to tiling. This cannot be done for a minimum of 28days following laying. It should also be cured under polythene for 7days and at 150mm should have been payed in three layers otherwise compaction will be almost impossible.

M

Minesacarling

Thanks for the reply guys only just been told off one of the builders it was 100mm not 150 as I was first told (if that makes any difference Ajax123)

Reply to Sand and cement screed in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley