Search the forum,

Discuss Removing rapid set from tile in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

Ok, while grinder will work, I find it too dusty and if your not used to using grinder then you could be asking for problems as they are by far the most aggressive tool I use. I'd make up a holder for your tiles to cushion the impact. Place tile face down and go gently with sds, you may break a few to start with but you will get the hang of it soon and get the job done. I done about 10m2 using this method a few yrs ago, took me no more than 2 mins per tile (40 x 40)... I will try finding pics

Reply to Removing rapid set from tile in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
Hi, I‘ve just finished tiling the majority of my garden path. Base is concrete, and tiles are porcelain. I’ve just got to the end of my bag of Mapei flexible rapid set tile adhesive (powdered)...
Replies
Views
  • Question
The saga of my hollow floor 50sqm continues. All tiles now lifted but there is adhesive around the edges of most tiles (800x800) and a small amount on the back. Whats the best method of cleaning...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log burner on a plaster render on blockwork wall. I’m planning to score and scrape the paint off the...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement