Search the forum,

Discuss Rapid set in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Craigcapewell

Ive been told that rapidset tiling cement can cause problems in the way the tile sits. is it true that when it goes off it can move the tile very slightly causing a slight step/lip between each tile.

What are the ways to get round this?

Does the amount of adhesive used make a difference?

What products could i use instead of rapid set to help with this potential problem?

Thanks Craig

D

DHTiling

news to me.......who told you this...?.....might happen if you are using it too thick..apart from that nope!! not happened to me..

S

sWe

Never heard of or seen anything like that. Most modern adhesives of reasonable quality are more or less shrinkage free if you use them in the thickness range stipulated by the manufacturer. And besides, it sounds kind of stupid. If you've spread the adhesive bed evenly, and fixed the tiles with uniform pressure, lippage will not just "appear". It sounds more like an excuse made by a poor tiler or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

doug boardley

it can't have been/will be on the market for very long if it moves tiles independently

C

Craigcapewell

i went to a bathroom show room to do a quote for some display work and the bloke was going on about this??????????? he also had put 4mm thick plywood screwed to the wall and it was uneven as hell. he showed me other displays where the tiles were slightly uneven and said about this tile movement because the tiler used rapid set adhesive

D

DHTiling

:lol::lol:..trust us craig....he needs retraining...does this bloke work for the shop did you say..

C

Craigcapewell

yes he did work for the tiling shop, id never heard of this either.

for future reference what rapidset do you use dave?

Reply to Rapid set in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen