Search the forum,

Discuss Rapid set grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

groucho

I laid a trave floor last week trying to find rapid set grout. only ardex MG but in the wrong colour Microban wrong colour so used Mapei. You have to use a rapid set ady to reduce the chance of water staining on natural tiles so why does slow setting grout say its fine for natural stone? I dont understand that at all. Ok i always seal the tiles before laying But not everybody does. Any ideas. I didnt want to use slow set at all. why risk 28 sqm floor?

D

DHTiling

If you have a stone that is water sensitive then you do use a fast setting grout....you mention Mapei.....well some of their range of grouts are fast setting and suitable for that type of stone.....

1. Ultracolour.

2 . Ultracolour plus.

3. Keracolur ppn

S

sWe

I laid a trave floor last week trying to find rapid set grout. only ardex MG but in the wrong colour Microban wrong colour so used Mapei. You have to use a rapid set ady to reduce the chance of water staining on natural tiles so why does slow setting grout say its fine for natural stone? I dont understand that at all. Ok i always seal the tiles before laying But not everybody does. Any ideas. I didnt want to use slow set at all. why risk 28 sqm floor?

I'm not a stone expert, but afaik, it depends on what type of stone the tiles are made from. There are other types of natural stone than marble and travertine (of which there are many subtypes), some of which aren't nearly as sensitive. If you're uncertain, consult the grout manufacturer.

Reply to Rapid set grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen