Search the forum,

Discuss Rapid Set Adhesive With Marble ? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

Just Rizzle

i never use slow set on any thing rapid for me back butter the tiles is essential when fixing marble by back buttering you are stopping any trowel marks showing through

C

charlieorrin

Ok thanks guys , the customer has supplied all the adhesive think they have gone with Topps powder , now with experience with there rapid there's no way I want to be using that on walls! Although I have a few bags for the floor . Will mixing a bit of rapid speed it up a bit , or is that not recommended ? Thanks

E

ExplodingPudding

Hi mate

Seal your tiles first and let it soak in and dry properly, stick with your slow set your the tiler at the end of the day your customer should take your advice over a salesperson. Just keep your joints well washed down when your laying and don't dot and dab

Sealing the tiles first can cause any muck on the surface of the tile to become sealed in also. I've personally not sold our slow set adhesive for natural stone products but that's because of the drying time not being preferential to either the customer or tiler but I personally haven't heard of any issues with addy bleeding through.

Just make sure that if the customer has purchased a light colour tile, they have also purchased a white slowset to minimise any risk.

Ok thanks guys , the customer has supplied all the adhesive think they have gone with Topps powder , now with experience with there rapid there's no way I want to be using that on walls! Although I have a few bags for the floor . Will mixing a bit of rapid speed it up a bit , or is that not recommended ? Thanks

If I were your salesperson I would say no as there's no guarantee that would pan out very well.

T

Tilekraft Aussie

I usually do a test on a tile prior to starting
Spread your adhesive on half of the back of the tile and leave overnight to check for moisture sensitive or shadowing issues
Personally id go for the rapid setting adhesive with white carrera marble

Reply to Rapid Set Adhesive With Marble ? in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen