Search the forum,

Discuss Question On Black Floor Adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

Carts69

The crack is going through the centre of the pic, not so concerned about that, it the higher area beyond the crack, there is a slight lip from the crack backwards, as if the floor beyond the crack a slightly risen

C

Carts69

Here is a better pic showing the difference in height, level on bubble but clear gap under the level, is this worth worrying about?

image.jpg

C

Carts69

Would also like to tile straight through to this other room, problem is the floor in the next room is 5mm higher as per picture, what would be my options here, can I build the adhesive up to make up the difference in heights, ie..start tiling from this point or put in a transition strip?

image.jpg

O

Old Mod

Well on what I can see from your pics,
Remove those plastic tiles, clean floor of all loose materials and any 'black' that's not adhered well.
Using a 'Slurry' coat as @Dave, suggested, or use a pre-mixed one.
Tilemaster do a product called Prime+Grip
Mapei do an equivalent, Eco Prime + Grip.
Personally I now use Tilemasters.
Prime whole area, then using levelling compound, bring whole floor to high level by the front door.
All one level, flat and ready to tile.
That's just my opinion, but that's the way I'd go, as long there are no height issues anywhere.

C

Carts69

Cheers, not really confident on using flc, would a threshold strip look wrong in this area, has it been used for tile to tile transitions?

O

Old Mod

U can use them wherever u wish, that's your choice.
There are ways of using SLC to simplify getting it all flat.
U can put markers in the floor every so often or make bays.
U need to make a decision on which way forward u'd like to go, then u can be directed accordingly.

I

Italy

Well on what I can see from your pics,
Remove those plastic tiles, clean floor of all loose materials and any 'black' that's not adhered well.
Using a 'Slurry' coat as @Dave, suggested, or use a pre-mixed one.
Tilemaster do a product called Prime+Grip
Mapei do an equivalent, Eco Prime + Grip.
Personally I now use Tilemasters.
Prime whole area, then using levelling compound, bring whole floor to high level by the front door.
All one level, flat and ready to tile.
That's just my opinion, but that's the way I'd go, as long there are no height issues anywhere.
because mapei ecoprime+grip? :)
mapei is ecoprimegrip, grip already in the bucket

Reply to Question On Black Floor Adhesive in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen