Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Quartz tiles and underfloor heating in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

Jack123

Hi.
hope someone can advise on this matter once and for all.
I've recently built a fair size kitchen extension. Block and beam floor with concrete block in fills .
It's kingspanned and will have a 65mm screed on top of a wet underfloor heating system .
approx 6m x6m.
We've been considering the black quartz tiles for the floor 600x600.(sparkly effect)
The problem now is whilst looking around different local retailers I've received very conflicting info.
The tile retailer I use and trust said I should steer clear of these tiles with underfloor heating because of tile cupping or bending due to the resin in the tile.
Now I'm confused ....
Only yesterday 2 big retailers said the tiles would be fine if laid properly over a underfloor heating system.
claiming there quartz tiles were 97% quartz .
Both these retailers said they had never heard of their tiles bending ....
anybody on here actually fitted these and with a underfloor heating system and had no problems??
Thanks

J

Jack123

Thanks.
been out today and another different supplier agreed that it's not worth putting down a resin tile if there's even the remotest chance of it curling,
looks like a granite will be the way forward.
i can't help but think these resin tiles look great now but with all plastics they will fade and scratch after time .jack

T

Time's Ran Out

Had a great customer once! Bathroom floor in this tile and a piece of glass was missing!!
She wanted me to remove the tile as it was faulty!!!
Bathroom co. had to fight to get paid and as this was before the real knowledge of this type of tile was known - I hope they all came up!!!!
what goes round comes round.

S

Suleman Sidat

The galaxy tiles will give a great luster to your kitchen...They would look amazing just like Dave said

D

Dumbo

I have white sparkly quartz tiles In my ensuite . Water underfloor heating running of air source heat pump so low temp . Aluminium spreader plates 2 sheets 12 mm ply glued and screwed with dural ci matting . About 4 years now no issues .

T

Time's Ran Out

Monty Python - Spam,spam,spam,beans and spam!
My Grandad used to fry spam with fritters for our breakfast. Great memories:).

T

Time's Ran Out

Your welcome - but what adhesive did you use as too much water makes them curl .

Reply to Quartz tiles and underfloor heating in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks