Search the forum,

Discuss Quarry floor, no damp course. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Last epoxy DPM I used was easy, but messy ruined my trousers lol yea as above, had to blind it with sand as I went, am looking forward to seeing what this surpress it is like

H

hmtiling

Level it 2 is, surprisingly, only around £17 in Topps. I was under the impression it had to be a 2 part on a liquid dpm.

O

Old Mod

Sorry Marc it's Arditex Na ;):D:D

Don't shoot the messenger :( lol

Haha don't apologise ya nutta! I'd of pounced on it too if I'd of been you! Haha
Sorry had to take a phone call as I was trying to post.
All you need to watch @Andy Allen is the rate of coverage mate. You must lay down the correct amount per m2
Otherwise it can be ineffective.
You can do it with a notch trowel, that'll give you the required amount per m2 then flatten it off.
Don't be silly Andy, I've no idea what size notch! Haha I just know it can be done that way!:D
There are different primers available that are compatible. I'd suggest you use the same system throughout mate, from primer, dpm and leveller and adhesive. You got choice of three I know. Ardex, Isomat and TM.
Hope this helps hehe :D:D:D

J

J Sid

did an old rectory for a local solicitor about 5 years ago and builder put a DPM, weber advised, I think, PR360 and leave for a day before tiling.
solicitor now has got more money and i am to rip up 60 odd mts of porc and replace with marble. Be interested to see how well they are fixed, look's sound.
let you know early April :)

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Have seen several very old quarry floors in good condition and no signs of moisture ( salts ,clouding) , just impregnated with sealers after several months or longer - skirting or even walls swell, or show ingress .if all the above is applied, then porcelain. Do you guys cover yourselves , by taking no responsibility for moisture migration if it happens in these circumstances.

O

Old Mod

Have seen several very old quarry floors in good condition and no signs of moisture ( salts ,clouding) , just impregnated with sealers after several months or longer - skirting or even walls swell, or show ingress .if all the above is applied, then porcelain. Do you guys cover yourselves , by taking no responsibility for moisture migration if it happens in these circumstances.
Yeah that was why was asking at the top of the thread about lime screed Bob, for that very reason. Cos I know it can happen if they're sealed up.

Reply to Quarry floor, no damp course. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
  • Article
123 Year Old Johnson Tiles Factory to Close Down Causing 110 Job Losses 123 Year Old Johnson...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen