Discuss Quarry floor, no damp course. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Look at a floor today
Problem is it's a 200 year old house, no damp course and quarry tiles down.
They want porcelain tiles fitting on top the quarry tiles.......obviously not keen on that idea......but before I bin the job....anyone got any suggestions on how it can be done..?

O

Old Mod

Sort mate was just getting home.
From memory, or tho I've never dealt with it.
As long as it's not a lime screed, cos they must be able to breath, and that your sub floor is all good sound and load bearing.
Liquid dpm as Andy above says, then you can level over it with Arditec NA or similar. (I'm sure Isomat do liquid dpm and a leveller that'll go over it)
Then tile it.
I stand to be corrected tho. :D

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ultra tile do a liquid DPM, and a product called surpress it, spoke with a rep recently that similar situation recommended using suppress it, am doing it next week, should get the stuff delivered tomorrow, but they have a data sheet online for it

F

Flintstone

If your using the epoxy dpm such as tilemaster, I can't see why a regular leveller wouldn't be fine on top.

L

LM

Anyone ever used them liquid DPM ?
Yes I've used them a lot over the years. It's not rocket science, you just need to make sure there's no contamination on the substrate, get a long haired roller and tray and stick strictly to the instructions and your good to go.
Some of them require you to flash the floor with coarse sand while you go along after you've applied the DPM to give a key for the self leveller.

L

LM

That looks the business......any idea how much it is ?
And have you used it before?
Prices will vary hugely depending on where you are and how much you buy. For products like this I find soft flooring trade suppliers much more competitive as they would sell alot of it. Are there any Mercado outlets near where you are?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Quarry floor, no damp course. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks