Search the forum,

Discuss Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I remember doing a job for a lady about 6 or 7 years ago. She'd had a guy in who she got out of the Yellow Pages. Replaced the taps on bath and basin, make and tile a bath panel and tile floor. Sounds easy enough.

First time she used the bath, down came the kitchen ceiling. I got a call as I used to do a bit of work through Bathstore and the customer went there to get the whole bathroom changed.

When I went to look at it, he'd taken the bath out to put the taps on, broken 50% of the tiles above the bath and then just siliconed the broken bits back on. He had tile a bath panel but the reason the ceiling came down was the fact he had not connected the waste back up after having the bath out, and a full bath of water came through.

The floor came up easy enough as he'd tiled directly on to vinyl floor. If the tiles had of been flexible I'd have just rolled it all up. :lol:

When I spoke to the customer she said he had told her 30 years of experience and never been back to a customers in all that time.

S

stusgsx

Took these photos a couple of years ago from a plot of 4 new build houses each selling for 1.2 million. This work was done by another "tiler" on site. I had to redo one of the floors he had laid but this room was fine?!

poor tiling.jpg poor tiling (3).jpg poor tiling (4).jpg poor tiling (5).jpg poor tiling (6).jpg poor tiling (2).jpg

Reply to Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.