Search the forum,

Discuss Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
This customer was charged £3k for tiling alone in this bathroom by a builder. As I understand it it it still ongoing as to to payment and the remedy for all the problems.

This is just a sample of photos I took when I had to give an opinion on it. I told them they really needed to rip the whole lot out at the builders cost.

photo1.jpg photo2.jpg photo3.jpg photo4.jpg photo5.jpg photo6.jpg

Apologies for the creak in the neck after looking at these :thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

I wonder if the people who do work to this level ever stand back and look at their work and think, that doesn't quite look right. Or do they look at it and think that looks great.

It's just beyond me.

These 2 tilers that did it , ye 2 of them :lol: .. took a contract off me from a kitchen/bathroom comp .. they turned this type of work out day in day out till this happened at one of the salesman for the comps home :lol: ... let's say i got the contract back .. :):):)

R

Rookery

I went to price up a job last night, a recommendation from a previous customer of mine. Builders did some alterations 12 months ago. Bathroom 1 - ceramics dot n dabbed straight onto chipboard. Its failed.
Bathroom 2 - ceramics dot n dabbed straight onto chipboard. Its failed too, I can lift some tiles with my fingers.
En-suite - Acrylic shower tray rocking in 1 corner when you stand on it, probably the leg not tightened up. Its caused the silicone to pull away from the junction of wall and tray. Also the corners are only siliconed half way up, the top half is grout and its significantly cracked.
A few other minor issues - 1 WC pan has only one screw in it, the other side being filled with silicone. They'd tried to hide this by siliconing a screw cover cap on. The other WC pan screwed down but an offcut of some blue plastic used to prevent the screwhead damaging the pottery. In other words a bit of a botch up. Neither W/B pedestal screwed down and the tiles behind both pedestals poorly cut and pieced in to save drilling holes for the feeds. There's probably more to be uncovered as the job progresses.

Reply to Public Thread!: Poor Tiling Workmanship by DIY and Rogue Traders in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Replies you've not seen

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.