Search the forum,

Discuss Public liability insurance (Commercial work) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I know there's been a few threads about this but I'd be interested to hear from any of the commercial guys and gals what sort of price they pay for this. I've dropped really lucky this year and I'm getting loads of new work from a shopfitting firm which has resulted in me using up to 6 tiling/floorlaying subbies on a regular basis. Last year my PL insurance was just under £100 which increased to approx. £150 when I used a couple of subbies. Due to having a couple of jobs in Heathrow airport (Classed as high risk environments), the number of subbies I use and the fact that I use heat guns for some of the floor laying jobs the best price I can get is £1167!! My original insurance company wouldn't cover me and I rang 6 other companies that wouldn't do it either so I was backed into a corner really as I'm out on site all next week with no time to shop around. Does this price seem about right or have I been well and truly shafted??

Reply to Public liability insurance (Commercial work) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen