Search the forum,

Discuss Protilers - Tiling in crystal Palace. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

Protilers

Evening.....went to this job yesterday to tile the floors, starting with the bathroom........the new toilet was "push" fitted and resting on some 18mm engineered flooring, so I pulled the toilet out and removed the boards....
and found a hole in the floor 30cm in diamiter and 50mm deep!!!!!....heehehehehehehe.......

so i put my level across the floor (circa 1960 screed) and found it to be well.....bumpy!
so I decided to get some leveler and fill the hole in the bathroom and screed the kitchen floor.....
sit back and relax for a while and then screed the bathroom floor..........

here is how it turned out:

Bathroom:

l1ar.jpg

that damp looking patch under the soil pipe was the "crater!" heheheehh

and the kitchen:

snzf.jpg

I could not level under where the washing machine will go because there is a huge ramp going on in there and I was worried that the machine would not fit!!!!!!....oh well onto today:

the Bathroom is tiled:

gwpr.jpg

and then the kitchen:

tyzu.jpg

and then the bathroom was grouted:

4w0t.jpg

I will do the bathroom walls on monday and kitchen splashback on tuesday.......

no rest for the wicked eh!

nite nite

Lee

P

Protilers

You always do your floors first don't you

not always Martyn.........but I must admit it does appear to be my preference.......sometimes i tile part of one wall get bored and start tiling the other...........hehheehheeeeee

all the best

Lee

P

Protilers

Evening all,

I am still scraping a living....Today I got the walls on in the bathroom (would have had it all done but I run out of tiles!!!!!).........

here is how it went:

xto4.jpg

j302.jpg

80o5.jpg

ooooooppppppssss....big picture.........Sorry!

all the best

Lee

M

Mr Tiler

nicw qork mate.... what have you fitted at the end of the bath to fill the gap? would be nice to klnow what has gone in there cheers.

P

Protilers

nicw qork mate.... what have you fitted at the end of the bath to fill the gap? would be nice to klnow what has gone in there cheers.

I have not "fitted" anything on this job Mr T Bag.......but if you want to know what it is......Well.....

It is a totally wrong bit of moisture resistant MDF.........and I cant overboard..........no room......but TBH it should have never been there...........BUILDERS EH?

padtheplumber

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi Lee
what do you use in front of the kitchen unit legs to stop the self levelling running away? - I've got a similar issue in the bathroom I'm doing at the moment.
Cheers
Mart
:thumbsup:

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi Lee
what do you use in front of the kitchen unit legs to stop the self levelling running away? - I've got a similar issue in the bathroom I'm doing at the moment.
Cheers
Mart
:thumbsup:

I've just levelled a kitchen floor in a new extension! The kitchen was being fitted at the time and the fitter noted that the new floor was out of level by 18mm over 2m.
The legs of the units were on small bits of 2"x1" so I got some lengths of uPVC "d" moulding and screwed it to the timber blocks, did the job!

M

Mr Tiler

I've just levelled a kitchen floor in a new extension! The kitchen was being fitted at the time and the fitter noted that the new floor was out of level by 18mm over 2m.
The legs of the units were on small bits of 2"x1" so I got some lengths of uPVC "d" moulding and screwed it to the timber blocks, did the job!
and if you want to be extra thorough I saw a vid similar to your situation and the guy silicone the joint lol.

Reply to Protilers - Tiling in crystal Palace. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen