Search the forum,

Discuss Problem with cuts around window... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikedavey

Hi.

I'm tiling around a window in a bathroom with 250 x 200 tiles. Got a tricky situation that i'll try to explain. When setting out the tiles (250mm going vertically) and i put the tiles on the inside of the window sill on the LHS & RHS, the tiles are about 10mm too narrow to actually fit. I thought well as it's only 1 tile high to fit on the LHS & the RHS so i'll put a slither against the window & it won't really be noticed...BUT doing this the grout line won't look right against the tile i lay flat in the window sill.............I hope this makes sense....:huh2: :huh2:

It will look odd you agree??

If you can understand what i am trying to say could someone reccommend what to do.....

D

DHTiling

You can finish the inside of the window off with plastic profile trims( flat ones).used by pvc comps....

G

GazTech

You can finish the inside of the window off with plastic profile trims( flat ones).used by pvc comps....
Have done that before myself...make sure you stick some peices of tile in first 2mm below the surface of your full tiles....so you have something for the trim to stick to,with silicone...........Gaz

G

grumpygrouter

If I understand what you are trying to say, if you are fixing a tile "portrait" fashion to the inside edge of the window to give you a sliver, you could be doing the sill in the same way i.e short edge to short edge, this way you will have a sliver all the way round. However, you will probably be following through the cut from underneath the window onto the ledge. If that is the case can you not cut the tile to length to match the wall tile size (200mm).....if you know what I mean...still to give a sliver at the window?

That way you would have balance in the window reveal.

Grumpy

Reply to Problem with cuts around window... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen