Search the forum,

Discuss Pricing for mitre cuts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

trevortine

Hi all, just in middle of pricing job for national museum toilet refurb, 400m2 all in, thing is amongst that is approx 114 linear meters of mitre joints, no trim allowed whatsoever. Would any of the contractors on here price extra for this or would you include in your m2 rate. I know things are tight at the moment and their are 5 contractors in for this work. Its a 200k refurb so funds are available but everyone will be desparate to win the job. I make it in excess of 600 mitre cuts and feel their should be additional charges. Tiles are a mixture of marble and porcelain, any thoughts appreciated.

J

jay

hi include in mtr rate i wouldnt note it as extra just up your mtr price to accomadate the extra work hope this makes sence:8:

T

Time's Ran Out

As per Jay - I'd include it in my sq mt price - which I would still be competitive with if I want the work, and make note 'to include mitred edges'!
If you have to show a price for the mitres as a seperate item - reduce the sq mt rate accordingly.
With so much competition you'll have to be keen.
If your talking 600 tiles to mitre that is a minimum of 3 days work ( based on 1 mitre=2 minutes ie 20hours + set up)

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

:thumbsup:Would they go for polished edges on marble? otherwise as above. Good luck

P

Perry

porcelain ain't that easy to mitre especially if they are say 600 x600 so bear that in mind

H

heavytrevy

My builder pays me for em.
Hence I do them instead of trim.
I also charge my customers as well.

Trev

Reaction score
i would say thats a little bit under estimating the time if you have mitre to porcelain 2 minutes 600 run more like 5 mins if your lucky

T

Time's Ran Out

i would say thats a little bit under estimating the time if you have mitre to porcelain 2 minutes 600 run more like 5 mins if your lucky

The job is 114 linear metres of mitres - 600No.pieces of tile,
We are not privvy to the size of each tile but I have assumed that each piece is approx 40mm. (114x2 sides divided by 600pieces)
I would conclude that 2mins would be OK for mitring 40mm of tile edge!
But I may be unlucky and get the job and find I've underestimated - Oh its not my job!

D

doug boardley

if your mitre cuts are on the marble Dougie, I'd include it in the price, 'cos youre gonna have to wet cut the marble anyway:thumbsup:

Reaction score
Hi John
some porcelain on the market are very hard, and if its been used in a commercial project i am sure it will be the harder porcelain, i would hate to see a tiler come unstuck on a mitring price as he has under priced, used many machines for mitres and found most of the time it takes longer than you think.

Reply to Pricing for mitre cuts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen