Search the forum,

Discuss preparation for bathroom floors with wet UFH in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

andyq

TF
Reaction score
3 bathroom floors, all with wet UFH, currently have movement in them. Two of them have walk-in shower areas, grout has broken in many places, tiles have lost alignment, tiles move and some are so loose it wouldn't take much effort to get them up.
After the existing tiles are taken up what is the best way to prep the floors to avoid this happening again?
are we talking 22mm or 25mm marine ply on top of the wet UFH, then Ditra matting or some other decoupling membrane
before I fix in flexible addi?
Are there any grouts that are more flexible than others?

The sub floor under the UFH is timber

your advice is appreciated

andy

andyq

TF
Reaction score
P1010970.jpg P1010969.jpg P1010967.jpg P1010972.jpg

got some more but you probable get the idea

Attachments

• P1010965.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 51
Q

Qwerty

Not good. Looks as if laid straight onto chipboard. I can see the only way being a full rip out.
Sorry this has happened to you, not nice.

Reply to preparation for bathroom floors with wet UFH in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen