Search the forum,

Discuss Porcelain 600x600 cuts - what can I get away with?? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

J Sid

grout will only look dirty imho if the wrong cleaning technique is used.
job 5 years ago, about 400m2, white grout in and out and still white now.
WP_20150918_14_00_14_Pro.jpg WP_20141023_14_21_24_Pro 1.jpg

Reaction score
Nice looking job, but personally i'll always advise against it & this is because when you don't mention it, the response 9 times out of 10 you didn't tell us it might go mucky looking & if you say to them your not cleaning it correctly I not going there with that one, bad experience which very nearly came to blows

J

J Sid

I told a customer how to clean the floor once and she wasn't happy :eek:

find it's better to speak directly to the staff then the owner.

D

Dumbo

:p I actually don't mind them! Think they look sweet when used in the right place and obviously do the job! I'll try and centre a joint between hall and kitchen diner, I think the rest will work in ok if I make that split. Should end up with a 450 x 600 or so at the threshold.

I’ll add some diamond rubbing blocks to the shopping list. Ref cutting neatly - any particular cutter I should hire? I really want to avoid chips so wasn’t sure whether to get a cheap snap cutter and put on a good wheel or just wet cut?

Thanks again!
You can't put a good wheel on a cheap score and snap cutter . You have to get a good cutter . Something like a sigma max cutter . If you buy one you will probably get most of your money back I. You sell it on providing you look after it .

diy-si

TF
Reaction score
Cheers all.. I'll look at getting myself a decent cutter then.

Think set out sorted - just got to do the job now!!:D

TILE4.JPG

Two orange lines are soft joints - leaves a slightly odd couple of tiles just before the threshold to kitchen, but all in all i think this looks pretty well balanced. Obviously and unavoidably, there are still a coupe of horror cuts, but it's got rid of some of the impossible ones. Thanks for the idea 3_fall.

Will post some pics when I get the thing done!

Reply to Porcelain 600x600 cuts - what can I get away with?? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen