Search the forum,

Discuss Poor Tiling Job? Advise please... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

Not the worst I've seen but really unacceptable, 3 / 10.

hope you have not paid! Also, Imo, cannot be fixed, as Dave says, they are all scratched!

C

charlie1

I'm guessing the tiler was trying to make the best of a bad situation (poor walls) and the price was set before work started. Irrelevant anyway, customer should be getting much better

D

DHTiling

I'm guessing the tiler was trying to make the best of a bad situation (poor walls) and the price was set before work started. Irrelevant anyway, customer should be getting much better

How can you say that .. the job is rough as hell...

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Shocking - Tiles scratched, vertical corners left with no expansion joint, just filled with grout (badly), tiles and underneath wall units not cleaned off, no silicon seal between tiles and worktop, need I go on.

Get them back, ask them to remove them and compensate you for cost of the replacement tiles, labour and materials to get the job done properly by a tiler, not a builder.

V

vik987

i really wish you could see all pics but pc wont allow me to upload them my connection playing up i have them in photobucket but can't post link.

kilty55

TF
Arms
Reaction score
shocking job im afraid , seek full compenasation from them and i would not let them have a 2nd go unless you can choose the contractor yourself and they can pay him

Reply to Poor Tiling Job? Advise please... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen