Search the forum,

Discuss POLL, Do you tile direct to Plywood in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Do you tile direct to plywood.

Poll added as requested by Deanotile

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DHTiling

If the choice is mine then NO but on the rare occasion i have been asked as floor is pre-prepped for me..

So i have added "Sometimes" to the Poll.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
I do on occasion, as per Dave, sometimes the prep is done, a retailer ( won't mention names ) has areas that we fix straight to ply. otherwise I prefer a de-coupler or board.

E

enduro

If i said no to every job that had ply i would be short of work, as long as it is the right thickness and fixed properly i will tile it...but explain to the customer it is not the best thing to tile onto.

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
ive voted sometimes , as others have said prep work all ready done , but i do let them no that its not the way i would have done it

H

hillhead

I really don't want to ever tile on it again.
I seen me having to replace 6 tiles on ply lately so told the customer the builder has probably used the wrong ply and i won't guarantee the installation unless i re-board with a proper backer.

Reply to POLL, Do you tile direct to Plywood in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm about to tile my kitchen with 600mm x 600mm porcelain tiles. I am tiling onto a subfloor...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Long time listener, first time caller. I have seen this both ways: Do you recommend sealing the...
Replies
Views
Josh Camden
J
Hi all, I’ve got an old Victoria house with 20mm first floor floorboards. They’re in quite good...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I removed some old tiles from the shower and wanted to know if it's possible to tile...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen