Search the forum,

Discuss Palace deep be SLC in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fred

I'm on a job at a dog kennel. I used this gear to level concrete the labourer who tried to level of with battens. It all went off, except 1.5 m2, where it is like putty! wet, very slippery. Did I mix it up to wet? I used an acrilic bond on the cencrete before laying the SLC, between 40 mm to 10 mm.

D

doug boardley

we used 2 pallets of butech slc last week, I think that was 5.5 - 6 litres, it ran like hell, I was well impressed:thumbsup:

S

Spud

we stock the palace leveller at our yard and whenever i use it i knock up a bag with 6 litres of water ,works fine for me every time :thumbsup:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I really like this Level-flex fibre stuff, 5ltrs water, flows like oil. Does from 0mm to 50mm:thumbsup:

F

Fred

re done the 1.5 m2 that didn't set, measured out the water etc, around 30 mm deep, and was again still wet 5 hours later! :mad2:I am starting to think there is some thing wrong with that particular floor area!

S

Spud

just resized some pictures of a job I did using the palace thick bed leveller ,there was a ridge in the floor and a few dips ,I usually use a 2m straight edge when levelling or if the floor is very badly out of level use tile slips as height guages and level up to these ,Using the straight edge method i find the high point of the floor and screw 2 screws either end of my straight edge,
I always mix with a whisk and then pour out the slc and screed back with the straight edge,I always get messy when levelling as I always end up getting back into the area I have just done to pull the straight edge at right angles to pull out any unevenness in the floor ,I suppose a pair of spiked shoes would be heplful and keep my clothes cleaner but never mind ,using the straight edge method takes out any guess work and also stops you from over pouring an area and adding to bumps in the floor. using slc is not easy and takes practice but the water based fibre reinforced levellers are really good and are far better than the levelling compunds of old .

Reply to Palace deep be SLC in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen