Currently reading:
Palace deep be SLC

Search the forum,

Discuss Palace deep be SLC in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

just resized some pictures of a job I did using the palace thick bed leveller ,there was a ridge in the floor and a few dips ,I usually use a 2m straight edge when levelling or if the floor is very badly out of level use tile slips as height guages and level up to these ,Using the straight edge method i find the high point of the floor and screw 2 screws either end of my straight edge,
I always mix with a whisk and then pour out the slc and screed back with the straight edge,I always get messy when levelling as I always end up getting back into the area I have just done to pull the straight edge at right angles to pull out any unevenness in the floor ,I suppose a pair of spiked shoes would be heplful and keep my clothes cleaner but never mind ,using the straight edge method takes out any guess work and also stops you from over pouring an area and adding to bumps in the floor. using slc is not easy and takes practice but the water based fibre reinforced levellers are really good and are far better than the levelling compunds of old .

Ken Bruty

TF
Arms
Bedford
I really like this Level-flex fibre stuff, 5ltrs water, flows like oil. Does from 0mm to 50mm:thumbsup:

Good stuff innit!. I use it quite often because you don't have to worry too much about the thickness, and it's good value too. Mind you, if you have any bumps to grind down, it's like iron, so it's good to make sure it's spot on from the start.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

F

Fred

They stated 4 hours to sr, as I said I did a stronger mix, and it did set by the morning and the job is nearly done, 6 tiles short!:incazzato:Its a kennel club and one of the kennels, hallway plus 7 seperate kennel holdings, a right pain but looks good. We were going to do tile skirts but we ended up, or rather I did, fit 6 inch upve skirtings. 25m2, told thwner to buy 28m2, she decided that was too much, hence not having enough tile!

Reply to Palace deep be SLC in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.