Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Outside patio tiled 600x600 porcelain in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

lukeb

Why can't you fix direct into a sand and cement bed? I would still create a sub-base with metal for movement but I would then fix directly into s&c. Done it lots of times outdoors. I don't see the difference to laying flagstones.

I feel more comfortable with a trowel and thin bed installation tbh.

L

lukeb

Right......need to get the quote sorted by Friday

I will do it as posted......will use gully drains instead of paving blocks as Ttt1601 sugested,
will try to reconnect to existing drainage system instead of soak away(unless not possible)
What fall would you sugest on 3.4m run???

Is Ultracolour (mapei) ok to grout it or shall I go for a different product(needs to be black)

S

Spud

You should aim for a minimum of 25mm per metre fall so around 85 mm over 3.4m no ,I got that wrong that is 1:40 you can be at 1:60-1:80 on a patio so anything from 40mm to 60 mm fall would be fine

L

lukeb

Got quote accepted...hurray.
Client decided to have it raisedone so it will allow to drain water to the gullys and hopefully connect to existing drainage system.

I will install aco drain against house wall as getting close to damp coarse level and one at the end of the patio.....
One more issue (hope not)is screed ok to go outside (ready mixed sand&cement fibre reinforced)as would prefer than concrete.....it's perfect flat finish what I'm after
And is Ultra colour by Mapei ok to be used externally.

Thanks guys for all reply and sugestions

L

lukeb

You should aim for a minimum of 25mm per metre fall so around 85 mm over 3.4m no ,I got that wrong that is 1:40 you can be at 1:60-1:80 on a patio so anything from 40mm to 60 mm fall would be fine
I have room to play now with fall but 1:80 would be minimum.

L

lukeb

you have to try and stay 2 bricks below the damp course at you highest level
Well....customer wants to go up to patio door....so will be over dcl.....Acu gully will go against the wall

I know I could get like clear membrane to protect walls but it's not permanent solution it's paint like product so I guess every now and then needs to be applied...

Not looking forward to it whatsoever....or maybe I'm getting to anal about it

Reply to Outside patio tiled 600x600 porcelain in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks