Search the forum,

Discuss Outside floor tiles - Grouting advice in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
OK - Update:
The patio tiles were loose, what's more they were definitely cemented in. They all lifted without any difficulty as they were not stuck.
Had a massive job filling all the 3-5 cm deep hollows in the cement matrix (we used outdoor leveller + sharp sand as we needed it to set quickly in this colder weather).
Then re-laid the tiles.
It took two of us 6 days (I used a tiler I know and paid day rate, so I had expert help). Total job cost me 6 days of my time plus nearly £2k for labour and materials!
Ouch!
The job is done, and I am grateful for the advice given on this thread as it means it is done properly.
Thanks for the update matey. We rarely hear about them once we've sorted them out. So thanks for that.

Any pictures of it done?

Reaction score
Photos as requested. A wide grout gap, but that's what the original builder did.

Attachments

• IMG_4289.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4287.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4288.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 20

Reply to Outside floor tiles - Grouting advice in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen