Search the forum,

Discuss only had my L200 2 weeks and written off!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jay

as long as the kids are fine thats all that matters the insurance companies will work it out

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
that was my thought too.

so if she's proven drunk and that invalidates her insurance, how does Doug's insurers go about reclaiming the costs? do insurance companies bother sueing individuals?

There are funds that pay out to victims of uninsured drivers faults; all insurance firms put into this kitty thing. Can't for the life of me remember what it's called but I'm sure Doug's insurance will get onto it if her insurance is null and void.

Some insurance firms still pay out though if it wasn't a direct result of being over the limit (like she says her foot slipped off the break or something) - I think, not 100% on that.

She might have just been a bit over the limit and at the police station it wore off. Like if she'd just had one too many the night before or something. If she'd just left the pub though, the police station test will almost definitely be a higher reading.

D

diamondtiling

Insurance firms all donate to a pot of money to cover situations where someone who is uninsured causes a crash/damage etc to an insured driver, a bit like ATOL for travellers. You will be paid out Doug and then this woman will be sued to reclaim the money. It doesn't matter if she has no assets mate, your insurance will sort it.

D

diamondtiling

There are funds that pay out to victims of uninsured drivers faults; all insurance firms put into this kitty thing. Can't for the life of me remember what it's called but I'm sure Doug's insurance will get onto it if her insurance is null and void.

Some insurance firms still pay out though if it wasn't a direct result of being over the limit (like she says her foot slipped off the break or something) - I think, not 100% on that.

She might have just been a bit over the limit and at the police station it wore off. Like if she'd just had one too many the night before or something. If she'd just left the pub though, the police station test will almost definitely be a higher reading.

Association of British Insurers - ABI Home Page

D

doug boardley

well kids are playing tennis on the Wii, I'm sat here having a vino and shivering..

I

Ian

Glad the kids are ok Doug, the truck is a load of metal and can be replaced. It doesn't bear thinking what could have happened if you had a smaller, less sturdy vehicle. Drink drivers truly are filth.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Heard of a bloke who bought a L200 some years ago when I used to drink in a pub with Mitzi salesmen; he bought one for him and one for his wife. His wife got rammed by a truck on the A53 (anybody who knows it, it's a pretty bad road), she stopped, he didn't in time. The police said any other shape vehicle, or any smaller one, would have almost certainly be under the truck still and anybody in side unlikely to have survived.

The insurance paid out and he went straight back to get another. The lads then used this in their sales blurb which is fair enough. They had pictures of it all in a file etc.

And I can never get over the hilux that top gear put through its paces with a wrecking ball, fire, the sea, etc etc and it still ran until the stuck it on top of a high rise during a demolition. That just about killed it in the end. lol

You can see why hil billies in the US still have old 60's and 70's pickups running to this day.

Reply to only had my L200 2 weeks and written off!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen