Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss only had my L200 2 weeks and written off!! in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

doug boardley

I was parked in a layby whilst I picked a duvet up from a house, coming down the drive and I heard an almighty smash, ran to see my yoot was shunted into the middle of the road with the back end and rear drivers side all smashed in and a car with it's front end all smashed up slewed in the middle of the road. MY KIDS WERE IN THE BACK!! Luckily they were okay thank god!! Woman driver failed a breathalizer (I was negative).Luckily there was a few witnesses and she was carted off to police station.

D

Deleted member 9966

that's awful news Doug, especially as your kids were in the car. I hope you get it all sorted out quickly. Such a shame you've only had your truck that short time and not yet had much chance to enjoy it. :(

D

doug boardley

Vehicle will be replaced Liz, but the kids couldn't have been,but She was so drunk.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
If it wasn't a L200 the outcome might have been different, thank god you got one! Sorry to hear about the write off but insurance *should* cover it. (Her insurance may be void if she failed again at the police station.)

Glad to hear everybody was okay though Doug!

D

Deleted member 9966

If it wasn't a L200 the outcome might have been different, thank god you got one! Sorry to hear about the write off but insurance *should* cover it. (Her insurance may be void if she failed again at the police station.)

Glad to hear everybody was okay though Doug!

that was my thought too.

so if she's proven drunk and that invalidates her insurance, how does Doug's insurers go about reclaiming the costs? do insurance companies bother sueing individuals?

S

Stewart

As long as the kids are ok Doug. Scum of the earth drink drivers............Hope they lock her up and you sue her for everything she has.

D

diamondtiling

What a stupid stupid *****, what are these people thinking of when they get into a car after drinking???? Are the boys ok Doug?
Get them checked mate, a similar thing happened to my mate when he was taking his son to school, he was in an X5, his son in the back, another car approached them on the wrong side of the road and same as you, Smash! His car lost a wheel and was wrote off as was hers. (she was turning around whilst driving to shout at the kids in the back)
Anyway it was only some days later when James aged 6 complained of a sore neck and back, the Hospital later advised that all people involved in accidents especially children must be checked out.
Hope everyone is ok mate.

J

jay

as long as the kids are fine thats all that matters the insurance companies will work it out

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
that was my thought too.

so if she's proven drunk and that invalidates her insurance, how does Doug's insurers go about reclaiming the costs? do insurance companies bother sueing individuals?

There are funds that pay out to victims of uninsured drivers faults; all insurance firms put into this kitty thing. Can't for the life of me remember what it's called but I'm sure Doug's insurance will get onto it if her insurance is null and void.

Some insurance firms still pay out though if it wasn't a direct result of being over the limit (like she says her foot slipped off the break or something) - I think, not 100% on that.

She might have just been a bit over the limit and at the police station it wore off. Like if she'd just had one too many the night before or something. If she'd just left the pub though, the police station test will almost definitely be a higher reading.

D

diamondtiling

Insurance firms all donate to a pot of money to cover situations where someone who is uninsured causes a crash/damage etc to an insured driver, a bit like ATOL for travellers. You will be paid out Doug and then this woman will be sued to reclaim the money. It doesn't matter if she has no assets mate, your insurance will sort it.

D

diamondtiling

There are funds that pay out to victims of uninsured drivers faults; all insurance firms put into this kitty thing. Can't for the life of me remember what it's called but I'm sure Doug's insurance will get onto it if her insurance is null and void.

Some insurance firms still pay out though if it wasn't a direct result of being over the limit (like she says her foot slipped off the break or something) - I think, not 100% on that.

She might have just been a bit over the limit and at the police station it wore off. Like if she'd just had one too many the night before or something. If she'd just left the pub though, the police station test will almost definitely be a higher reading.

Association of British Insurers - ABI Home Page

D

doug boardley

well kids are playing tennis on the Wii, I'm sat here having a vino and shivering..

Reply to only had my L200 2 weeks and written off!! in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks