Search the forum,

Discuss No More Ply in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

P

PJ Tiling

I've been to price a job today and the customer has already bought all the materials for the job, on the advice of the supplier.

They have bought 'No more ply' to overboard the floorboards, which is pretty solid just a few areas to deal with. However I've never used NMP and I just wondered if there were any horror stories or things to avoid etc

G

Gazzer

Nope it is fine, use it all the time. Sometimes with the glue and sometimes with spf. Always over do the screws though.

G

Gazzer

T&G floor boards if they are worn or cupped then spf. Chipboard/ply or any other flat floor then the glue but dont get it on your hands...its evil stuff.

R

Rookery

I prefer Hardie + spf over NMP. I find NMP to be a bit brittle and the tubes of adhesive very expensive.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Same as Neale, and he's right about the glue it's horrendous, but they do give you a pair of gloves to wear with every tube !!!

I

Ian

The thing that I can't get my head around with the glue is, there is hardly any contact if the instructions are followed. 2 rings of glue, surely all the voids are weak points?

G

Gazzer

The thing that I can't get my head around with the glue is, there is hardly any contact if the instructions are followed. 2 rings of glue, surely all the voids are weak points?

Thats why I use spf if there will be voids. The adhesive they sell expands a fair bit so when yo put those 2 rings of adhesive on, it pays not to go too close to the edge of the boards as it will only come up through the joints.

P

PJ Tiling

I asked my suppliers about it today and they advised me to use 6mm ply instead, they didn't seem to believe in it.......and they sell it!

Still, customer has bought it. So see how I get on with it, always interested in using new materials

G

Gazzer

I asked my suppliers about it today and they advised me to use 6mm ply instead, they didn't seem to believe in it.......and they sell it!

Still, customer has bought it. So see how I get on with it, always interested in using new materials

New ?? Been using it for 10 years !

Reply to No More Ply in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen