Currently reading:
No More Ply

Discuss No More Ply in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

The thing that I can't get my head around with the glue is, there is hardly any contact if the instructions are followed. 2 rings of glue, surely all the voids are weak points?

Thats why I use spf if there will be voids. The adhesive they sell expands a fair bit so when yo put those 2 rings of adhesive on, it pays not to go too close to the edge of the boards as it will only come up through the joints.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
The thing that I can't get my head around with the glue is, there is hardly any contact if the instructions are followed. 2 rings of glue, surely all the voids are weak points?

Majority of time I use SPF, but when the floor is flat then the glue is quicker and you can work on it very quickly

I

Ian

Well I used NMP for the first time today, not really a great deal of difference from hardibacker. Just as much of a pain to cut! The surface is much smoother than HB which I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing, the grid pattern on HB gives a better key to the adhesive IMO. Also HB is a couple of quid per m2 cheaper. No doubting it is a good product and provides a nice substrate to tile to but, I won't be switching over from HB.

Reply to No More Ply in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent bathroom (600x600 porcelain, about 25m walls and floors) which went pretty well. I'm now having a go...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement