Search the forum,

Discuss New tr 600 s awful jagged cuts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

disco

Hi

As some of you might no I bought a new RUBI TR 600S a few days ago and I went to cut some 400x250 ceramic tiles today and the tiles are SO SOFT (they can be drilled easily with normal masonry bits and very little pressure) that when I use the new cutter if they dont break under the scoring wheel when I break them under the snapping foot the edge is awful really jagged and by no means the quality of cut that I am used to (so bad that it is unacceptable) I think Im going to buy a RUBI ND 125 tomorrow (because I m fed up going through the performance power wet cutters and the like Im on about my 5th now) but thought if anyone here with more experience than myself could shed some light on another solution for me. I have tried both wheels that came with the cutter. Cheers Guys.

W

White Room

I have'nt used the TR600 so don't know the cutting action, I would be using the lightest of pressure with cutting wheel but sounds like you have allready tried this. The rubi nd125 maybe a bit to small for that size tile, had a similar problem with some tiles from outer mongolia and they just kept breaking when I tried to snap them in the cutter, very cheap and cheerful

D

DHTiling

All soft biscuit tiles will break with a rough-ish edge....

when you say jagged explain more....maybe a pic of a cut tile.

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
When you say it's a jagged edge, is it the full tile. i.e the glaze and biscuit that's jagged running together, or is the glaze remaining in places with no biscuit underneath. If the former, I would say that the lightest of light scores and breaking action, if the latter, I would say bad batch of tiles, had it before.

D

Daz

When you say it's a jagged edge, is it the full tile. ...had it before.

LMAO Alan, what job was that on then????

Cheap, rubbish tiles IMO.
Rubbing block is really the only option unless you can swap them for something better.

Are they bumpies by any chance?

D

disco

They're a lovely looking tile 400x250 matt white finish about 7mm thick flat, not dis similar to the bumpies but Im sure you've all seen the really thin 6x6 white tiles that everybody has a box of in their garden shed that can be broken by snapping them in your hands well they're the same as them in make up except slightly thicker and don't cut as well. I agree sir ramic. When they're on the wall they'll be alright.

Reply to New tr 600 s awful jagged cuts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen