Search the forum,

Discuss new job to price, 600x150 wood effect tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

sjw450

hey guys,
I have a job to price would appreciate your thoughts,
total area of hallway to tile is 12.5 square metres,
tiles to be used are 600x150 wood effect tiles from ctd, customer is paying for tiles only, ive to supply materials and plywood and labour.
I usually use 12mm ply in decent conditions but will i need thicker because of the tiles im using?, its a old house and the floorboards were creeking as i walked along the hall and i could feel a belly in floor also which is a concern as these tiles are obviously going to be laid broken bond, its under thick carpet just now so cant see anything,
reason im asking you guys for price is because i just tiled 24m kitchen + utility + dining room floor and 2 splashbacks equalling 7 square metres for the same person and i got haggled on price down £100, which bit me because i actually used and extra £70 on adhesive because the floors were terrible so i lost £170, plus i gave my full ctd discount on 31 metres and picked them up foc saving them a fortune so they got a great deal! now that the customer is delighted with job they want their hall tiled asap i dont want haggled again i want a fair price for my efforts, especially now they have seen my work, and im giving them ctd discount again,
also do you guys offer full discount on tiles or take a cut?
if im struggling to seal the deal i use my discount as the sweetner but is full discount to generous?
cheers

S

Saltire69

Price what u think its worth then add your £170 loss to it. If they haggle tell them thats your price. They've seen your work,so should be willing to pay it. Just remind them off the money your saving them on tiles and addy.

Reaction score
From the info you've given, I would be working everything out and quoting them at top price.

if they haggle, you've got plenty to play with..

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
Asides from the price ( which I would do as above and factor it in ) I would be more concerned about the deflection, and what it will take to rectify it, price the making good on day rate plus mats as you don't know what you'll find.

S

sjw450

I will make sure i do from now andy Its too much graft for nothing and the customer doesnt even appreciate it

D

Dougs Third Go

whatever's creaking needs sorting, this'll mean stripping right back to joists and adding extra noggins at least. 18mm bare minimum wbp ply and tile backer boards too.

A

AMtek

I never let people haggle me down on price these days, they get 1 price, if they don't like it its tough luck. Another job always comes along to fill the gap in the diary

Reply to new job to price, 600x150 wood effect tiles in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen