Discuss Need help please in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

White Room

The moisture content of the screed needs testing even though it's been down for 3 months, the weather is very damp at the present time.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Don't fix the tiles until the heating has been commisioned.
Wait until you have gas, some boilers can be adapted to LPG. Then you can run on bottles, to heat the floor. I have an electric heater to do this.
The boiler can then be adjusted back to natural gas when your main gets fitted.
You run a very high risk of de laminating the tiles if the screed is still damp. Don't confuse this with cured.

S

SJPurdy

with a sand cement screed and I assume (until told otherwise) an anhydrite screed, as the screed sets/cures it shrinks a bit and this sets up stresses in the screed as it tries to pull itself into a less stressed position (it can slide a bit over the insulation layers etc underneath it. When the floor is heated up for the first time(the commissioning) then it will possibly 'slide' a bit more to find its less stressed position when heated; and often if it is a (non rectangular)shaped floor cracks in the screed may occur as points of high stress are released. Now if the floor is already tiled when this first distressing occurs then the tile layer will have to cope (if it can) with the movement.

Reply to Need help please in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks