Search the forum,

Discuss My first commercial job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

psychowitch

I mentioned in another post that I was doing my first commercial tiling job for a friend of mine. My experience on large jobs is limited so I agreed a price of £20 psqm which Im happy about just to get the chance to do it as my speed is kinda slow - to that feeling you get when peddling a bike uphill in first gear i.e. going as fast as you can and getting no where. (15x15 white ceramic wall tiles)

Its about 27sqm in total and I was not sure how long it would take...thing is ..only one wall was a whole wall! Another was a window with reveals / trims etc...another has an alcove for a metal shutter...another is what can only be describe as a double door way built out of plasterboard in the shape of this V-V either side of the doors ....plus in excess of 15 sockets... dont laugh but its taken me close to 5 days to get this finished its been death by a thousand cuts... oh yea and the roof slopes from one side to the other ...

So my question after all that...

On commercials with odd shaped walls/ sockets million cuts should you still expect to get a base rate on it of between £20-£22 ?

If this was domestic do you add more for many cuts? I dont at the moment tbh I cant really tell until Ive done my layout anyways so prob a dumb question....

cheers

D

david campbell

persoanally i price jobs at my normal rate i.e 25/30m2,and if there is obstacles like sockets,sloping roofs i add in extras,for example 35 angled cuts on a sloping roof a 1/2 day or whatever length of time i assume it will take me:thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

I do something similar too, altho' a lot of peeps will say that you've got to take the rough with the smooth, which is a fair comment, aparrt from the smooth always seems to fly past me!:20:

D

david campbell

I do something similar too, altho' a lot of peeps will say that you've got to take the rough with the smooth, which is a fair comment, aparrt from the smooth always seems to fly past me!:20:

you get a lot more rough than smooth doug..........lol:lol:

T

Time's Ran Out

The rough and the smooth is in each idividual job - rough the cuts/slopes etc - smooth the 1 big wall.
For 27sq mts of 6inch white you should be looking at no more than 3 days grouted, so for £180-00 per day you should be about right!
If it takes longer then that's your choice but if you try to charge more for 5 days work you will find you will not have any. IMO:thumbsup:
Saying that when I used to get involved in bills of quantities there was itemised allowances for such things as sockets, trims, etc.

Timeless John.

D

diamondtiling

oh please bring the bill of quantities, I did not know that anyone would remember that John....

:thumbsup:

S

Spud

20-22 is a good price for 6 inch white imo and stop worrying about your speed concentrate on doing a good job the speed will come with out you even realising it :thumbsup:

Reply to My first commercial job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen