Search the forum,

Discuss Mosaic/Art courses with Mosaic Girl & Saad in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Courtesy of Dave from Construction Skills we have a distinct possibility of running a workshop in Stoke-on-Trent... any takers? Nicely in the middle of the UK.... let me know? :thumbsup:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Stoke is good for me Gisela, depending on work commitments. Thanks.

F

faithhealer

Courtesy of Dave from Construction Skills we have a distinct possibility of running a workshop in Stoke-on-Trent... any takers? Nicely in the middle of the UK.... let me know? :thumbsup:
you could get a couple of local celebrities introduce you and Saad, thinking of Dan and Liz of course

U

user123

Ok, guys... news update: I just had a word from Dave at Construction Skills College who will check availability of rooms for me for the weekend of October 30/31 2010 for our course run in Stoke-on Trent.

Because of some family matters Saad will only be able to come for 2 weeks, so this is the only weekend available to us, the Colchester course will happen on Sunday the 24th.

Now, I am thinking of running this as an optional 2 day course, as much more can be covered then, but I want to sound you out about it, who definitely wants to come, the fee would be £120 for one day - 10am-4pm (this can be adjusted to an hour later if required), or £200 for two.

Course content would be concentrating on the artistic aspect, how to achieve perspective, facial and body features, how to work to achieve harmony of colour and cutting style, as well as the basic 'how to make a mosaic' techniques, the do's and don'ts.
In my experience Saad's strength is demonstrating and teaching with pen in hand, so bring plenty of drawing paper and your own pens as you are more like to experiment on paper first. You do not have to be an artist, if you can;t draw, don't worry, we have ways... :lol: The secret to artistic mosaics is good design keeping your material in mind, so you will not be going on a tiling course that will magically transform bits of tile into works of art, instead your eyes will be opened to what different cutting styles and colour combinations can do.

I would expect that all of you interested will think of certain things you would love to learn, and as sooner you let me know this via pm the better so that I can include it in the timetable.

I would expect an non-returnable deposit of 50% payable by cheque or paypal - because of room restrictions at the college places are limited to 10 only, so don't miss out - we are also inviting people from outside TF, from the mosaic community.

Any questions, just ask... I look forward to meeting you in person! :thumbsup:

T

Time's Ran Out

You know I'll be there for the 2 days - will have to look at Mrs timeless's diary to see if that's for 2 and for the 2 days.
Let me just go back to the start of the thread and see how much support you'll get.
Wow! Hope I've got in early enough:lol:.

Reply to Mosaic/Art courses with Mosaic Girl & Saad in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen