Search the forum,

Discuss Metreage rate for commercial work in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

After a bit of help if possible. I need to quote for a large scale commercial job (first time for me) and I am after a decent labour rate to quote per metre for the following:
ceramics
marble
travertine
quarry.

My quote needs to be based per metre inclusive of adhesives, grout and sealants as well as matting (which I have now mainly priced). I want to quote a realistic figure, i know this will be alot less than a domestic rate but still want to quote high enough to attract decent tilers. I am based in Cheshire and normally quote £30 for ceramics, £35 for porcelain and £45 for natural stone and have no problems quoting these rates on a domestic job.

Any help much appreciated. Job wouldnt be starting til late summer 09 so even if i wasnt to get it i want to use this as decent practise and keep on learning so am trying to quote as well as i possibly can.

J

JIMBOB187

HI mate welcome inside, just seen this post as the pc is packed away to make room for the bloody christmas tree, unpacked now though:santa_cheesy: I recently landed some large commercial gigs and for ceramics I get £19.50 a sqm with me supplying addy and grout. Nothing to cut round all new builds(still wonky walls though in places) and gauranteed 8 year programme as it is all social housing. I know the price is crap compared to private work but if you are fast then happy days(well at the minute anyway). What is important to me is that I am still able to continue my private work aswell. I can do two starter homes in a day averaging 20sqm, I also supply the tiles and get a meager 10% on top of the cost price to allow for waste. Hope this helps.

Reply to Metreage rate for commercial work in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen