Search the forum,

Discuss measuring diamond cuts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

Eddie

Hows it hangin lads and lassies. Ok, when im laying a diamond pattern, i find it hard to get a good staight line with the cuts around the edges. is there a standard measuring formula for this? the small triangular cuts are the worst.

Cheers, Edd:gnorsi:

S

scottish tiler

i guess if ur just starting its trial an error m8, i just measure the size and mark it on the tile if u no wot i mean or just mark the tile, im sure sum1 else could explain it bit better for you lol

G

grumpygrouter

If things are laying at the correct angle, the montolit cutters have a groovey auxilliary measure on the top of their cutters. Just measure the gap from the corner of the tile, have the cutter set to 45deg and lay the tile at the appropriate mark on the cutters measure and away you go, sort of!

Grumpy

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I have one of these...........very handy:thumbsup:

T5 Angle Finder

Unique to Tradetiler

Makes marking angled cuts easy.

No mater what odd angle you have this tool transfers it across on to the tile to be cut. It is hard to explain so click on the 'How To Use' link to see some pictures.

D

DHTiling

i use a metal ruler sometimes...gets right into those tight areas...

R_l.jpg

B

brian c

send Darren at NETT a pm he sells the angle finders.Can you not turn over the tile and make a mark on the tile edge,thats what i do to achieve the awkward cut.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

elliesdad224

glad to see someone sticks to the good old ways with a steel ruler dave, measures exact..job done

Reply to measuring diamond cuts in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen