Search the forum,

Discuss marking cuts on floor tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

kev richy

When Tiling A Floor I Have Been Using The Method Of 2 Tiles On Top Of A Fixed One ;too Mark My Cuts.i Find This Accurate But It Means That The Edge I Have Cut Is In The Main Field Of Tiles.is This Ok Or Am I Doing Something Wrong.iwould Like Too Have The Machine Cut Edge In Main Field.i Can Do This By Measuring But It Seems Slower That Way.how Do You Professionals Do It? Also Is It Correct Too Leave 6mm Gap Around Room?

V

versatilene

Turn your tile upside down, push it up to the wall on top of the fixed one, mark it and cut it there. when you turn it back the cuts against the wall. Hope that makes sense?

K

kev richy

So I Mark Back Of Tile .then Transfer Mark Too Front Then Cut It Is That The Way? Thanks For Help Mate.

G

GazTech

I would place tile to be cut on top of fixed one face up....push it toward the wall parallel to the fixed tile by 7mm by eye......then place another on top against the wall (to be cut against) and mark the tile to be cut off the back edge of it....If the angle is quite fierce or tapered,then use an off cut about an inch wide, the full length of a tile and simply mark your tile at both ends....it's quicer than with a tape and very accurate....Gaz

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just bumping some threads in the tiling forum, don't worry if it isn't current discussion, just ignore the thread and it'll drop off the list quickly. If you do wish to reply to it, go ahead, that's fine too. Your input might be valuable and help a tiler out in the future.

S

stephenoneill

Just bumping some threads in the tiling forum, don't worry if it isn't current discussion, just ignore the thread and it'll drop off the list quickly. If you do wish to reply to it, go ahead, that's fine too. Your input might be valuable and help a tiler out in the future.
For tiles up to 30 cm I hold them against the substrate and mark .and for tiles over 30 I use tape measure

Reply to marking cuts on floor tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen