Currently reading:
Looking for advice on cordless grinders

Search the forum,

Discuss Looking for advice on cordless grinders in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

W

Waluigi

I have no personal experience, but followed a previous thread recently that found them to be quality tools.

Metabo are really well made tools without going into the realms of Hilti and Festool cost wise. That said, any of the top brand grinders are good- Bosch, Dewalt, Makita, Milwaukee etc.

The Metabo with its HD batteries is a notch above, alongside the Flexvolt Dewalt and the Hilti Grinder which are arguably the best on the market

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Belfast
I have the brushless Makita, the body is slim compared to others so it's easier to handle.
I think people generally opt for whatever batteries they already have in other tools.
The most important element for quality though is the blade, and the user!
What size battery for the makita are you using and would a charge last all day

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Warwickshire
I have the brushless Makita, the body is slim compared to others so it's easier to handle.
I think people generally opt for whatever batteries they already have in other tools.
The most important element for quality though is the blade, and the user!

That’s why I went for the Bosch. I have their cordless impact driver / drill set. Which is great and the battery works in the grinder. I will prob get their cordless jigsaw next

W

Waluigi

I use a Makita cordless with 5AH batteries, have three on constant rotation, if your doing stone and use it a lot you can eat a battery before next one has chance to charge up so having three batteries means there's always one fully charged ready to go..

Good point. If the OP is going for Bosch then my Bosch charger will charge a battery to 80% in 15 minutes so it might be worth going for that one if the budget stretches to only two batteries

Or whichever brand he goes for, get the fast charger

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LM

I had a few of the popular different makes and now have happily settled with Metabo. Best value for money on performance, quality and handling without going into the realms of Hilti imo. Go to MTS Mallusk or Denis Wilson Glenavy @Balloo and get to know them, they’ll look after you and price match the internet for you. It’s handy to be able to leave a tool in under warranty if you ever had an issue rather than having to wait on sending it off etc.

Balloo

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Belfast
I had a few of the popular different makes and now have happily settled with Metabo. Best value for money on performance, quality and handling without going into the realms of Hilti imo. Go to MTS Mallusk or Denis Wilson Glenavy @Balloo and get to know them, they’ll look after you and price match the internet for you. It’s handy to be able to leave a tool in under warranty if you ever had an issue rather than having to wait on sending it off etc.
Did you use the makita brushless, i hope its good cause ive got the makita radio so was going to use the battery for that also

Reply to Looking for advice on cordless grinders in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement