Discuss Lippage clips... charge or not? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Blunt Tool

Itemised materials quote aswell as labour, if customer wants to get materials no probs as long it's exactly what I told them to get and up to them to pick up and deliver! If not what I told them to get and quantity then no guarantee. For the sake of saving a few pound they always just leave it to me.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I just find that some jobs are so heavy on the materials if you don't explain where their money is going they get that bloke to do it who totally underestimated to do it and then their troubles start .
Do you not make any money on the materials then..?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yes . But I don't tell the customer how much I'm making . I always charge retail or if I've got a good margin I can knock a bit off.
You get the Savy customer that shops around and finds the materials cheaper or works out you charge retail then gets it themselves on a credit card and a months credit then bang goes your mark up...

D

Dumbo

I don't get that customer in the past 12 months I he'd one customer buy all fixing materials from porcelenosa because that is what they were recommended to do by porcelenosa when they brought the tiles and another when I just told them to get the materials because they were getting tiles from where I shop and I knew he would do them a deal . Mind you if they were that savvy they would get somebody cheaper in the first place .

Last edited by a moderator:
N

NZ_Tiler

I use them when it's needed. 3000x1500 yes, try without, the customer will have you for lippage before voids (which are unlikely because you've done your prep right and used correct fixing methods)
In the same bathroom as xxl, 400x400 limestone, no. Can lay it fine without.

1800×200 planks, yes.....

They have their place in the market

Reply to Lippage clips... charge or not? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks