Search the forum,

Discuss Limestone floor restoration in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

the nitromars wouldnt work or wouldnt work quick enough so i finished it of by sanding it through to 120 grit ,it has turn out fairly well but utmost respect to the guys that do this for a living every day just drying th floor out with a tempest air blower and will reseal it with ltp matt stone once its bone dry

J

jonnyc

the nitromars wouldnt work or wouldnt work quick enough so i finished it of by sanding it through to 120 grit ,it has turn out fairly well but utmost respect to the guys that do this for a living every day just drying th floor out with a tempest air blower and will reseal it with ltp matt stone once its bone dry

good luck with that.
just be sure that the matt stone is compatible with residue of what was left in the stone. i have a couple of disasters way back when i was advised one sealer on top of another old one and it had a very bad chemical reaction and i had to replace.
sealer supplier were very good and wont name them but they paid for most of it as wrong info given even though only verbally.

S

Spud

good luck with that.
just be sure that the matt stone is compatible with residue of what was left in the stone. i have a couple of disasters way back when i was advised one sealer on top of another old one and it had a very bad chemical reaction and i had to replace.
sealer supplier were very good and wont name them but they paid for most of it as wrong info given even though only verbally.
Thanks Jonny i will do a test sample on your advice as you are a top man on stone :thumbsup:

A

Apexgrange

you should buy more discs and a kleever machine ha ha always strip surface based sealers gary solvent based strippers are always the first and most cost affective ways
the solvent can be brought in 25 litre containers.
also consider diamond polishing pads i can show you a few samples

good luck mate

P

Pebbs

Yes its good, but to much for me, its dragged me across the floor a couple of times, wheres the brake...brake....brake!!! opps!

Lynn

S

Stable400

Reading with interest but also feel out of my depth. We have an Indian stone floor installed j. The kitchen and the cooker and sink area has gone really dark due to traffic and water, it's also dirty. Would appreciate any advice on how to clean it without damaging my lovely kitchen. Thank you

C

C&S

I would be carefull using Nitromors on Limestone, sounds harsh to me. I would take off the surface using diamonds personally if the customer is against chemicals and is willing to spend a little bit on diamonds.
I did a similar floor in November, took the surface off and went up through the grades and finished with a polish.

Reply to Limestone floor restoration in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen