Search the forum,

Discuss Levelling System in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

X

xlilgemx84

Yeah I said they were fast as did Ray,
It's more about holding them in place while adhesive sets, more than someone walking on them. If someone walks on them the clips are not necessarily gonna help.
As far as levelling before hand goes, I still do it haha it's more about the finesse of the work. As we've said its not for the amateur, it's an aid to an experienced fixer, then it's fast. That last few minutes u spend making fine adjustments is done away with. It'll help by eliminating lipage.
But it takes practice.
Watch the Rubi video on utube.

K can see how they would help a lot can't believe the tile shop did not say anything about them when I
View attachment 60925

I see where your lipping is, no matter how much you try and hide it in the shot with a reflection ;) ;)

I'm joking I'm sure that was coincidence.

But that's not bad to be fair. You'd always improve. Hard job to get right without professional knowledge.

Thanks Betta next time don't think the photo uploaded correctly!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    523.7 KB · Views: 34

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
K can see how they would help a lot can't believe the tile shop did not say anything about them when I

Thanks Betta next time don't think the photo uploaded correctly!
Nah I'd zoomed in and screen printed the one in my reply there.

Tile shops don't really sell professional products to the domestic market. They can cause them (and the customer) more problems than it's worth.

X

xlilgemx84

Nah I'd zoomed in and screen printed the one in my reply there.

Tile shops don't really sell professional products to the domestic market. They can cause them (and the customer) more problems than it's worth.

Aw rite I see I suppose people can make compaints and cause grief! Thanks

S

Stocks Tiles

Has anyone tried the ATR levelling system from Australia? I bought it about a month ago and Sod's law no one wants any large tiles at the moment...! It was expensive but looked very effective online :D

Nice floor 3fall! I finish a wood effect floor tomorrow but they wanted 3mm joints with brown grout and we all know that stains the skirting boards after 20 seconds! :rolleyes:

O

Old Mod

Has anyone tried the ATR levelling system from Australia? I bought it about a month ago and Sod's law no one wants any large tiles at the moment...! It was expensive but looked very effective online :D

Nice floor 3fall! I finish a wood effect floor tomorrow but they wanted 3mm joints with brown grout and we all know that stains the skirting boards after 20 seconds! :rolleyes:
See that's where u've gone wrong! Ur the professional, u tell them how it's laid! Haha I do! :D

S

Stocks Tiles

I try lol, but when some customers get set on it you know when you've completed it and done it your own way and not there's then they're going to start a argument about it all haha. Lady messaged earlier saying she popped to the house last night and looks amazing so she's happy ;)

O

Old Mod

I try lol, but when some customers get set on it you know when you've completed it and done it your own way and not there's then they're going to start a argument about it all haha. Lady messaged earlier saying she popped to the house last night and looks amazing so she's happy ;)
Oh don't get me wrong! I never just do something without first checking with the client, whether it be site agent, designer or home owner, I'm not QUITE that arrogant haha

T

TheNamek

Thanks everyone would have loved to known before hand and would have paid for the system even if exspensive as I bought so many tiles!

They are all down now so could change them in a couple of years. Just put so much time into picking them and buying other materials.

Still learning about it all so next time will hopefully know a lot more and buy anything that will assist.

Is it best to use 60x60 but have got two large rooms that are in?

As a fellow newbie (at tiling), I wouldn't worry too much about it. When I set to do my bathroom I bought the lash levelling system and thought it would solve most of my problems! Truth is, in use, they can help to give a quick level between tiles but can also be fiddly and cause their own problems, particularly if the adhesive bed is thinner in patches (uneven surface). They can also cause loads of problems if not tiling all in one hit. They were great when I did the largest wall in one day. The wall was good n straight n flat and the clips worked well so I could speed along.

In the end, I stopped using the lash clips because i felt that they caused me more problems than without, that and I just got better at tiling in the (very long) time it has taken me to do a bathroom. I've just done the floor using 600x300 in herringbone without using the clips. I did consider it but gut feeling was that they'd give me more problems than solve.

In short, I wouldn't lose any sleep over not having used a tile levelling system. I can't speak for them all but the lash clips can introduce their own problems that you could do without. At the end of the day, best thing is learning to do it properly oldskool and with patience. At least, that's what I discovered.

T

TheNamek

What problems do you have / find when using the SLS ?
With lash, the clips are quite thick and springy so need a reasonable bed depth. Also, if you don't fit them really tight and sqaure against the tile (I know it sounds obvious) it screws up the gap and is almost impossible to correct without pulling the tile. If tiling over many sessions (most of us DIYers!), then you can't leave lash clips inserted in the last row of that session because they need a tile either side to hold them down properly (otherwise the gap gets screwed). In the end, I just just found it easier to work without them due to my own circumstances of on and off on the project.

If I were doing a floor in rectified tiles and stack bond then I'd use them without hestitation.

Reply to Levelling System in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen