Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Levelling System in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Stocks Tiles

I try lol, but when some customers get set on it you know when you've completed it and done it your own way and not there's then they're going to start a argument about it all haha. Lady messaged earlier saying she popped to the house last night and looks amazing so she's happy ;)

O

Old Mod

I try lol, but when some customers get set on it you know when you've completed it and done it your own way and not there's then they're going to start a argument about it all haha. Lady messaged earlier saying she popped to the house last night and looks amazing so she's happy ;)
Oh don't get me wrong! I never just do something without first checking with the client, whether it be site agent, designer or home owner, I'm not QUITE that arrogant haha

T

TheNamek

Thanks everyone would have loved to known before hand and would have paid for the system even if exspensive as I bought so many tiles!

They are all down now so could change them in a couple of years. Just put so much time into picking them and buying other materials.

Still learning about it all so next time will hopefully know a lot more and buy anything that will assist.

Is it best to use 60x60 but have got two large rooms that are in?

As a fellow newbie (at tiling), I wouldn't worry too much about it. When I set to do my bathroom I bought the lash levelling system and thought it would solve most of my problems! Truth is, in use, they can help to give a quick level between tiles but can also be fiddly and cause their own problems, particularly if the adhesive bed is thinner in patches (uneven surface). They can also cause loads of problems if not tiling all in one hit. They were great when I did the largest wall in one day. The wall was good n straight n flat and the clips worked well so I could speed along.

In the end, I stopped using the lash clips because i felt that they caused me more problems than without, that and I just got better at tiling in the (very long) time it has taken me to do a bathroom. I've just done the floor using 600x300 in herringbone without using the clips. I did consider it but gut feeling was that they'd give me more problems than solve.

In short, I wouldn't lose any sleep over not having used a tile levelling system. I can't speak for them all but the lash clips can introduce their own problems that you could do without. At the end of the day, best thing is learning to do it properly oldskool and with patience. At least, that's what I discovered.

T

TheNamek

What problems do you have / find when using the SLS ?
With lash, the clips are quite thick and springy so need a reasonable bed depth. Also, if you don't fit them really tight and sqaure against the tile (I know it sounds obvious) it screws up the gap and is almost impossible to correct without pulling the tile. If tiling over many sessions (most of us DIYers!), then you can't leave lash clips inserted in the last row of that session because they need a tile either side to hold them down properly (otherwise the gap gets screwed). In the end, I just just found it easier to work without them due to my own circumstances of on and off on the project.

If I were doing a floor in rectified tiles and stack bond then I'd use them without hestitation.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't know you could use them on walls! That just brings a whole host of other scary thoughts in my mind!!!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a kid more smilies coming I just didn't have time screw around it uses a cool new but awkward way to install them that uses less server load and yada yada yada lol

X

xlilgemx84

As a fellow newbie (at tiling), I wouldn't worry too much about it. When I set to do my bathroom I bought the lash levelling system and thought it would solve most of my problems! Truth is, in use, they can help to give a quick level between tiles but can also be fiddly and cause their own problems, particularly if the adhesive bed is thinner in patches (uneven surface). They can also cause loads of problems if not tiling all in one hit. They were great when I did the largest wall in one day. The wall was good n straight n flat and the clips worked well so I could speed along.

In the end, I stopped using the lash clips because i felt that they caused me more problems than without, that and I just got better at tiling in the (very long) time it has taken me to do a bathroom. I've just done the floor using 600x300 in herringbone without using the clips. I did consider it but gut feeling was that they'd give me more problems than solve.

In short, I wouldn't lose any sleep over not having used a tile levelling system. I can't speak for them all but the lash clips can introduce their own problems that you could do without. At the end of the day, best thing is learning to do it properly oldskool and with patience. At least, that's what I discovered.

Aw great thanks for that feel a lot Betta now as before thought that I could have made it so much better with the level system!

Maybe next time they can be used I can then see the difference.

Seems like you have really learnt a lot.

AMC

TF
Reaction score
H
Hi

I'm new on here and just had my floor tiled with 80x80 porcelin tiles.
I knew it was a hard job and would not get it perfect. After the job had been done I have now heard about the tile levelling spacer system and am now gutted that this could have been used as there's some uneven tiles!

Would it have made a huge difference?

One room had been self levelled first and the others had the small red quarry tiles underneath.

Thanks
hi , I've just started using the porcelanosa spacers on 1000 x 315 wall tiles , they're class and would definitely recommend them

J

Just Rizzle

just grouted a bathroom we tiled yesterday 21 mtrs on the walls 6 mtrs on the floor 600x300 tiles half bonded.
ripped out on Tuesday back to the brick, plumber first fixed all in copper with machine bends Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday allday Thursday reboarded the walls in wedi boards 12mm 600 x 2,4 mts using bal rapid and mechanical fixings and tanked out area above bath tiled Friday 21 mtrs on walls and 6 mtrs on the floor. floor screwed and glued with hardy backer board. grouted this morning then plumber fixed all sanitary wear. we were able to do this due to peace of mind using a lech system even though all the walls totally plumb and flat using rectified tiles.
the leveling system gives me piece of mind knowing that once in place they arnt going any were.we use a 500mm12mm notch trowel and back butter the tiles.just me and my son working in perfect harmony and all in tilemaster addy grouted using tilemaster 3000 beige the only thing was we couldn't get the shower screen fixed as was taking over 15mins to drill each hole the tiles were like bell metal 8 holes alone to hang the hanging sink which was over a grand the lady came in from work as we were rapping up at 6 absolutely over the moon and even though we were not 100 percent finished offered to pay us befor we left. my perfect customer

Reply to Levelling System in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks