Search the forum,

Discuss Let's have some Grout talk in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

B

Blunt Tool

I am regular user of UCP and over the last 10 years or so I can recollect only 2 occasions where I have had problems and they were down to grout haze caused by cold atmospheric conditions and textured glass mosaics (I was never going to win that one anyway)
So, speak as you find!
I AM speaking as I find so don't understand your last statement!

GAZ5518

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
:confused:Personally I avoid Mapei grouts at all costs .. Just no faith in it after having probs in the past with shade differences.
Bal and Webber seem to be kinder to me o_O

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Bal MM is all i use , but used granfix ultra on a job recently supplied by customer and it was prety good to work with, dont like weber or mapei grouts though its been a while since i used weber , have they improved it ?

B

Blunt Tool

Bal MM is all i use , but used granfix ultra on a job recently supplied by customer and it was prety good to work with, dont like weber or mapei grouts though its been a while since i used weber , have they improved it ?
Weber grout nice to work with and leaves a much smoother finish than Mapei, pot life much longer than BAL mm

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Once you get a handle on the drying times the Bal is great to use , ideal for porcelain
Il give the Weber another go though , cheers for that...
Had recently used Butec colorstuk rapin n. Consistent colour, creamy consistency, smooth finish, oh ! and fast setting.

Reply to Let's have some Grout talk in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen