Search the forum,

Discuss Laying Wood Effect Porcelain - Advice and grout selection in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Italy

I think that someone know already ...
it's just the procedure of pulling rls.

NO. 1 2 3
YES. 1 3 2

the pocedure NO, because after the second, the third becomes too low and rls, fails to level good.
the procedure YES. first pull one, then pull 3, finally the second, including supporting one knee, succeeds to level embarking the tile.
while rls number 1 and 3 remain precise.
I posed 100x50 boarded, brick type, same procedure, however, to pull the number 2, I went up standing to the tile. 65kg, to straighten tile. (The story must remain between us) ;)

IMG_20170127_200928.jpg

L

LM

I think that someone know already ...
it's just the procedure of pulling rls.

NO. 1 2 3
YES. 1 3 2

the pocedure NO, because after the second, the third becomes too low and rls, fails to level good.
the procedure YES. first pull one, then pull 3, finally the second, including supporting one knee, succeeds to level embarking the tile.
while rls number 1 and 3 remain precise.
I posed 100x50 boarded, brick type, same procedure, however, to pull the number 2, I went up standing to the tile. 65kg, to straighten tile. (The story must remain between us) ;)

View attachment 87699
Yes Antonio I have done this before, but only on a very short staggered bond with a plank at least 900mm long. By doing this your splitting the resistance in half because points 1 & 3 are clamped the distance point 2 has to travel to be flush is halved and easier to achieve.
You explained that very well, bravo!

L

LM

Before I discovered clamps like rls I achieved this with small wedges carefully positioned under certain points of the tile and heavy weights on top of the opposing tile, much slower and heart breaking :(

Reply to Laying Wood Effect Porcelain - Advice and grout selection in the Tile Adhesive / Grout Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen