Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Laying Wood Effect Porcelain - Advice and grout selection in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

B

Buckfast

Which grout colour do you recommend?!

IMG_1260.JPG IMG_1259.JPG IMG_1258.JPG IMG_1257.JPG

O

Old Mod

Obviously it's personal choice, for me, I'd go for a darker contrast.
Reasons being that with a darker colour it won't as a rule change colour with wear,tear and washing.
Also if you look at the average timber floor,there is a noticeable joint between the planks, which in a lot of cases appears very dark.
If you have a lighter colour it instantly looks like tiles.

T

Tile Shop

Can you draw me a diagram of a short random bond Paul please, don't quite follow.
In this, the tile is 1200x230. The stagger is random between 100 and 300mm (quarter). You could go longer if the tile is flat enough. but this is my preferred layout.
upload_2017-1-27_8-51-24.png

I

Italy

I think that someone know already ...
it's just the procedure of pulling rls.

NO. 1 2 3
YES. 1 3 2

the pocedure NO, because after the second, the third becomes too low and rls, fails to level good.
the procedure YES. first pull one, then pull 3, finally the second, including supporting one knee, succeeds to level embarking the tile.
while rls number 1 and 3 remain precise.
I posed 100x50 boarded, brick type, same procedure, however, to pull the number 2, I went up standing to the tile. 65kg, to straighten tile. (The story must remain between us) ;)

IMG_20170127_200928.jpg

L

LM

I think that someone know already ...
it's just the procedure of pulling rls.

NO. 1 2 3
YES. 1 3 2

the pocedure NO, because after the second, the third becomes too low and rls, fails to level good.
the procedure YES. first pull one, then pull 3, finally the second, including supporting one knee, succeeds to level embarking the tile.
while rls number 1 and 3 remain precise.
I posed 100x50 boarded, brick type, same procedure, however, to pull the number 2, I went up standing to the tile. 65kg, to straighten tile. (The story must remain between us) ;)

View attachment 87699
Yes Antonio I have done this before, but only on a very short staggered bond with a plank at least 900mm long. By doing this your splitting the resistance in half because points 1 & 3 are clamped the distance point 2 has to travel to be flush is halved and easier to achieve.
You explained that very well, bravo!

L

LM

Before I discovered clamps like rls I achieved this with small wedges carefully positioned under certain points of the tile and heavy weights on top of the opposing tile, much slower and heart breaking :(

Reply to Laying Wood Effect Porcelain - Advice and grout selection in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks