Search the forum,

Discuss Laying bricks over concrete slab. Mortar or tile adhesive? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi, I'm planning to do a herringbone brick floor over a concrete slab with some reclaimed brick tiles . The bricks have been sawn into narrow longs roughly 50mm x 50mm x 250mm, but there is still a fair bit of variance. Have enough extra that I can get the variance down to 5mm by being selective.

I'm asking what would be the best way to lay them - over a wet mortar bed or just do regular tile glue with a large notch trowel?

Reply to Laying bricks over concrete slab. Mortar or tile adhesive? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen