Search the forum,

Discuss lash clips from tradetiler in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

garretridge

got my order today from dave quick as usual thanks dave and had ordered the much debated lash clips to help with lipage and have got a porcelain floor to start tommorow so gone to give therm a try and see if they are any good will keep you informed 2morrow of how it goes!:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Re: lash clips form tradetiler

Pics would be good as well and maybe some sort of review...:thumbsup:..plz..

E

enduro

Got a marble floor to do soon and i want to give them a go to see if they speed the job up. :thumbsup:

H

heavytrevy

I recomend them, I do a fair wack of big porcelain and these save me time, I hate coming back the next day to find 1 or 2 have sunk .
As long as u use a big notch and back butter u wont have any voids.
Also push the tile down very firmly, then use the clips to level.

Trev

F

frankeeley

Just wanted to find out more about lash clips. I had the same idea as Trev trowling the floor and back buttering and he says "it works fine" thanks Trev.

F

Fred

I understand what they intend to do. But what worries me is that you are relying on these little things to pull the tile to the same level, surely you still have to make sure there are still no voids?

H

hillhead

don't mix the addy too stiff either,nice paste needed:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

I understand what they intend to do. But what worries me is that you are relying on these little things to pull the tile to the same level, surely you still have to make sure there are still no voids?

Si..

They also stop the tiles from dropping if the adhesive bed slumps.....which it can do sometimes..

K

karlm98

the trick is to always use the correct notch size for the tile size, ie the bigger the tile the deeper the notch also leveling the floor with leveling compound will help, i also use a tavy puck which helps with leveling and clicks if lippage is present when pushed across the tile edge onto the next tile.
there is a few lippage tools out there from Raimondi, Tuscan leveling system etc the lash seems to be the cheap alternative. seems to me if you have trouble with voids then you need to look at your trowel..i use marshall town 1/2 and 3/8 by 1/4, a 10mm raimondi and a hofman 18mm u also i back butter and mix the standard set so it is soft and easy to trowel i only use rapid on small jobs that need to be done n finished in a day.

Reply to lash clips from tradetiler in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen