Currently reading:
lash clips from tradetiler

Discuss lash clips from tradetiler in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

karlm98

Re: lash clips form tradetiler

the trick is to always use the correct notch size for the tile size, ie the bigger the tile the deeper the notch also leveling the floor with leveling compound will help, i also use a tavy puck which helps with leveling and clicks if lippage is present when pushed across the tile edge onto the next tile.
there is a few lippage tools out there from Raimondi, Tuscan leveling system etc the lash seems to be the cheap alternative. seems to me if you have trouble with voids then you need to look at your trowel..i use marshall town 1/2 and 3/8 by 1/4, a 10mm raimondi and a hofman 18mm u also i back butter and mix the standard set so it is soft and easy to trowel i only use rapid on small jobs that need to be done n finished in a day.

K

karlm98

Re: lash clips form tradetiler

a tavey puck is a level, put it in the center of the floor tile and it will show you if it level....or not!

TAVY Tile Puck

this is the tuscan leveling system (very expensive tho)

First truly simple tile leveling system which virtually eliminates lippage, ideal for large format tile: marble, slate, porcelean, granite

more overpriced systems

RLS - Raimondi Leveling System
i will say this (tongue in cheek) this product is not needed if the wall or floor is flat ,level ,plumb but as this is almost non existent then these products work well, the only time i have seen a perfectly level wall or floor is when tilers screed with dry pack on the floor(over battens) and a lime sand cement on walls (w/battens) but this method is dying out even in the USA Hardi backer, weedi, durock n custom easy board etc has taken over due to the cost and ease of use and all you need is a screw gun,recommended screws,levels and shims along with fibretape and jointing compound(flexi adhesive)..haha try putting that to a customer with the final price you would be on the dole in no time so i guess the old plaster board n skim will have to do so i guess these leveling systems can be very effective ...shoot..the yanks dont like mastics (acrylics) its usually thinset and at $30 plus a tub i agree and only used it once when it was on clearout at my local Daltile..lol

here is a nice video of the raimondi product in action
YouTube - Raimondi Wall Tile Leveling System

Last edited by a moderator:
H

Homza

I have a Tavy Puck. Don't actually use it much though. More fun to slide across somebody else's floor to find the lippage.:lol:
I do like the TLS. The advantage over the other systems is the gun that pulls the straps. Allows you to adjust the tension you need. And easy to remove the next day. You can reuse the caps but obviously have to buy new straps.
Here is a link to an extremely long thread regarding the TLS on the John Bridge Forum.
Input on the Tuscan Leveling System! - Ceramic Tile Advice Forums - John Bridge Ceramic Tile

Reply to lash clips from tradetiler in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.