Search the forum,

Discuss Largest floor tiles laid in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

I can't remember mate - Not Colne - it was nearer Accrington. Some rough old mill building with a tile shop on the ground floor, just off a main road.
Robbed me completely for a bag of rapid set and a can of stainstop.
I think it might have been Cerados ceramics in read mate, sounds like it from description, i never go in there any more after he tried robbing me for £22 for a bag of standard set, said its only £15 in town...he said"well go to Burnley then" never been in since!!

O

One Day

I think it might have been Cerados ceramics in read mate, sounds like it from description, i never go in there any more after he tried robbing me for £22 for a bag of standard set, said its only £15 in town...he said"well go to Burnley then" never been in since!!

That's the one! in Read.
:mad:

T

Terry the tiler

Hi gents, new poster on the forum although have used this very helpful site many times for tips and info.
I have been tiling around 9 years now but only went self employed in Jan this year. I have never come across anything bigger than 2m X 600. And I turned the job down as the customer wanted them laying in a house corridor around a stair case and he only had 2 spare tiles.
To be honest I've been laying 600X900 15mm limestone this week and my back is in pieces. Wouldn't have thought anything bigger is a 1 man job.

O

Old Mod

Hi gents, new poster on the forum although have used this very helpful site many times for tips and info.
I have been tiling around 9 years now but only went self employed in Jan this year. I have never come across anything bigger than 2m X 600. And I turned the job down as the customer wanted them laying in a house corridor around a stair case and he only had 2 spare tiles.
To be honest I've been laying 600X900 15mm limestone this week and my back is in pieces. Wouldn't have thought anything bigger is a 1 man job.
Well hello Terry the tiler,
Thanks for getting involved.
A few of us fit 1800 x 900 x 5.4 on a fairly regular basis, they can be done single handed, won't deny it can be tricky tho. And they're only 5.4mm thick so comparatively light for their size.

T

Terry the tiler

Well hello Terry the tiler,
Thanks for getting involved.
A few of us fit 1800 x 900 x 5.4 on a fairly regular basis, they can be done single handed, won't deny it can be tricky tho. And they're only 5.4mm thick so comparatively light for their size.
These limestone tiles must weight the best part of 25 kg each. There like paving slabs!!

O

Old Mod

These limestone tiles must weight the best part of 25 kg each. There like paving slabs!!
Approx 21kg yeah. Limestone is on average 2.6kg per mm per m2
Not too much fun haha
In fact the 1800 x 900 weigh just under 21kg per piece, so not a lot of difference actually.

T

Terry the tiler

Approx 21kg yeah. Limestone is on average 2.6kg per mm per m2
Not too much fun haha
In fact the 1800 x 900 weigh just under 21kg per piece, so not a lot of difference actually.
I should think they are a bit more awkward tho considering the size difference!!
Unless your name is stretch Armstrong

Reply to Largest floor tiles laid in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen